Belleville Police Service Auxiliary Program
The Belleville Police Service Auxiliary Program is supported by 10 active volunteers. Supporting our Auxiliary volunteers is one full time Constable. The Auxiliary program is co-ordinated through training officer Constable Pat Comeau.
The Auxiliary Program supports the regular police service in the following ways:
- General patrol
- R.I.D.E, program assistance
- special events
- emergency callout
These unpaid volunteers show their support for the Belleville Police Service, while giving something back to their community at the same time. Put in countless hours at special events, such as Santa Clause Parades, Remembrance Day parades, local community events, like the Waterfront Festival and Canada Day celebrations.
Since the unit was formed in 1985 the Auxiliary Program members have participated in many community fund raising events, such as:
- Adopt -A-Child campaign at Christmas
- Kids Fishing Derby
- Children's Safety Village
- Bike Rodeo
- Torch Run
- They have participated in the Belleville Police Service Criminal Records Check days.
- The Auxiliary members have played an important role in major investigations with searches.
The criteria to be accepted into the program are very similar to that expected of our constables in the regular service.