HOW TO USE CARING NEIGHBOURS
- Display your sign in a window or door visible to your neighbourhood.
- Arrange with a neighbour to check for this displayed sign each morning after a pre-arranged time.
- Each morning remove your sign from the window or door.
- If the sign is still displayed after a pre-arranged time, your neighbour checks on your well being.
- Consider leaving a house key with a trusted neighbour.
WHAT SHOULD YOUR NEIGHBOUR DO IF THEY SEE THE CARING NEIGHBOUR SIGN?
- Knock on your door or try to contact you by telephone.
- If there is no answer, the neighbour, with your permission enters your residence using your house key.
- If your neighbour is not comfortable entering your residence, contact BELLEVILLE POLICE SERVICE for assistance.
- In an emergency call 911
Anyone wishing to have a CARING NEIGHBOURS sign can contact your local Community Policing Officer at (613)966-0882 ext. 2227 or 2205.