Digital Crime Forensic Examiner
Application closing date October 25, 2019
The Belleville Police Service is accepting applications for the position of Digital Crime Forensic Examiner. The position objectives are to:
-extract and interpret data from computers, peripherals and other devices, including cell and smart phones.
-provide expert evidence at court through reports or as an expert witness.
-provide specialist advice and assistance to investigating officers, where computers/computer networks and digital data storage devices have been used in crime.
Click here for the complete job description.
In partnership with our community, our members are dedicated to serve and protect. Belleville Police Service offers the opportunity for a rewarding career. Join us in making Belleville the safest community in Ontario.
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada
- Hold the rank of 1st Class Constable and able to perform all duties as detailed in Section 42 of the Police Services Act.
- Minimum of (5) five years of policing experience.
- Successful completion of CompTIA A+ Certification.
- Successful completion of CMPFOR (Canadian Police College – Computer Forensic Examiner Course).
- Successful completion of General Investigative Techniques Course.
- Previous relevant technical education and experience.
- Ability to deal with exposure to sensitive/disturbing material.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, with proven ability to interact diplomatically, tactfully and confidentially with people.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written. Excellent effective listening and comprehension skills, with a keen attention to detail. Excellent written skills to be able to chronologically and systematically catalogue complex cases and prepare reports. Ability to clearly articulate expert opinion evidence in judicial hearings.
- Experience providing expert witness testimony.
Recruitment steps for the Digital Crime Forensics Examiner include an application review, local focus panel interview, psychological testing as part of the Safeguarding program, comprehensive background investigation and third-party medical examination.
Application to include:
- Cover letter and resume
- Transcript(s) of educational achievements
- Letters of reference/commendation related to employment or community service
- Training records
- Certificates of Achievement
Applications to be submitted to the attention of the HR Unit by regular mail, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand-delivered to the front counter at 93 Dundas Street East, Belleville, Ontario, K8N 1C2 by the closing date of 12:00 p.m. on October 25.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for testing and/or an interview will be contacted.
By applying, you agree that the statements made by you are true, complete, and correct to the best of your knowledge. Further, you understand that any falsification of statements, misrepresentations, and/or deliberate omission or concealment of information may be considered just cause for dismissal.
Please note that the Belleville Police Service is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise the HR Unit if you require accommodation for testing, interview, or employment purposes.