Human Resources Generalist
Application closing date November 15, 2019
The Belleville Police Service is accepting applications for the position of Human Resources Generalist. This position provides:
-seamless and efficient human resources support to employees for all core HR functions, with a particular focus on recruiting and selection, benefit administration, member injury/illness management, and health and safety.
-ensures the operation of the HR unit runs smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the service as a whole. Click here for the complete job description.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Flexibility is required with respect to hours of work as some evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The annual starting salary is $58,775 with pension and benefits.
Essential minimum requirements:
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada
- University degree or College level certificate/diploma in Human
- Completion of or actively working towards a Human Resources Professional Association (HRPA) Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation.
- Three years of experience in various functional areas of human resources or related field.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Broad working knowledge of administrative practices and procedures for Human Resources policies, programs and processes.
- Knowledge of relevant employment and labour legislation.
- Familiarity with unions and collective agreements.
- Discretion, good judgement, and confidentiality in dealing with sensitive and highly confidential issues.
- Proficiency at an advanced level in computer and technology skills e.g. Microsoft Office Suite applications, Adobe Pro, and ability to learn new programs. Understanding and experience with an Applicant Tracking System and HR data base would be an asset.
- Accurate alpha and numeric data entry, ability to perform basic calculations for compiling statistics, and data analysis.
- Tact and diplomacy when interacting and exchanging information with internal and external contacts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service approach.
- Superior communication skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) and editing ability.
- Thoroughness, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience coaching, influencing, mentoring, consulting, and conflict resolution.
- Well-developed time management, prioritization, and organizational skills in order to manage and respond to multiple important requests with deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify and solve problems, utilize effective analytical reasoning and decision making skills, take action independently and make recommendations.
- Strong initiative, self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Ability to collaborate as an effective team member with a results driven approach.
Recruitment steps for the Human Resources Generalist include an application review, written assessment, local focus panel interview, , comprehensive background investigation(criminal record check, education, employment, personal history, credit and reference checks), and third-party pre-employment medical examination.
A cover letter and resume to be submitted to the attention of the HR Unit by regular mail, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand-delivered to the front counter of the police station at 93 Dundas Street East, Belleville, Ontario, K8N 1C2 by the closing date of 12:00 p.m. on November 15, 2019.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for testing and/or an interview will be contacted.
By applying, you agree that the statements made by you are true, complete, and correct to the best of your knowledge. Further, you understand that any falsification of statements, misrepresentations, and/or deliberate omission or concealment of information may be considered just cause for dismissal.
Please note that the Belleville Police Service is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise the HR Unit if you require accommodation for testing, interview, or employment purposes.