Youth In Policing Program (YIPI)
The Belleville Police Service is now accepting resumes from students for the 2016 Youth in Policing Program. In collaboration with the Ministry of Children and Youth Services the police service will engage two students in positive productive activities in a safe and healthy environment.
YIPI Program runs for eight weeks, with orientation starting on July 4th. The goal of the program is to inspire young people to look at policing as a career choice and to become ambassadors by improving police and youth relations.
To qualify for the Youth in Policing program, a student must be:
- A Canadian Citizen or permanent resident
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- A student between 15 and 18 years of age
- Currently enrolled in school in the City of Belleville
- Returning to school in September 2016
- Must not have been convicted of a criminal offence for which a pardon has not been granted, and must not have any charges pending before the courts.
How to be considered for this exciting opportunity:
Students interested in being considered for the Youth in Policing Initiative 2016 must complete the Application Package located on the Belleville Police Service web site, main page.
Application packages can be dropped off at the Belleville Police Service, mailed and/or faxed:
Human Resources Department
Belleville Police Service
93 Dundas Street East
Fax: 613 966 2701
NOTE: Applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. June 20, 2016.