Media Room

Emergency: [9-1-1]  Hearing Impaired (TTY): 613-966-3788

Back to News
14 January 2018Warning - this news article expired on 2019-01-15. Information may no longer be accurate or applicable

In the early morning of 14 January 2018, Belleville Police and Belleville Fire attended a North end apartment in regards to sounds of a smoke detector alarm being activated. A resident from within the apartment complex contacted emergency service after the alarm had awoken tenants. Emergency service gained access to the unit to find that a tenant had fallen asleep while food was being heated in the oven. Belleville Fire assisted with clearing the unit of smoke and there were no injuries as a result of the incident. The tenant’s quick action in contacting emergency service prevented this situation from escalating into what could have been an incident with a much different outcome.