2010 Olympic Flame
Belleville, Ontario - To accommodate the2010 Olympic Flame during its journey through the City of Belleville on Tuesday December 15, 2009, the Belleville Police Service, with the assistance of the City of BellevillePublic Works Department will restrict traffic flow along the entire route beginning at 12:00p.m.
Traffic will be re-routed and restricted at some intersectionsuntil the Flame has passed. This is necessary for the safety of those in the Torch Relay convoys as well as for the safety of the general public who are invited to line the route to witness this historic event.
Beginning at12:00 p.m., the following intersections will be closed;
- Dundas Street and Sidney Street
- Dundas Street and Bay Bridge Road
- Dundas Street to Front Street (all side streets to Front Street)
- Dundas Street and Pinnacle Street
- Front Street - (all side streets from Dundas Street to North Front Street at Station Street)
- North Front Street to College Street (all side streets from Station Street to College Street)
- College Street to Cannifton Road (all side streets from College Street to Cannifton Road)
All streets will return to normal traffic by 1:30 p.m.
The Belleville Police Service is asking for your co-operationduring this brief period of inconvenienceas Emergency Services and the City of Bellevilleassist you in celebrating this special event.
Sgt Beth Harder
Media Relation Officers
Belleville Police Service