Search Warrant Executed/ Charges Laid
Belleville, Ontario - On the 1 December, 2011, members of the Belleville Police Service PAVIS (Provincial Anti-Violence Intervention Strategy) team, the Emergency Response Team, and the OPPProvincial Weapons Enforcement Unit executed search warrants at a Wellington Crescent residence.
Police seized the following items:
- 22 caliber Winchesterrifle with a telescopic scope
- 20 gauge Winchester shotgun
- Remington 20.gauge shotgun
- 22 ammunition
- 12 gauge shotgun ammunition
Martin LOWRY (51 years) of Belleville, ON has been charged with the following:
- Possession of Cocaine s 4(1) CDSA
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm (3 counts)
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm ( 3 counts)
- Unauthorized Possession of Ammunition (2 counts)
- Careless Storage of Firearm (3 counts)
- Careless Storage of Ammunition (2 counts)
Martin LOWRY is scheduled to appear in Provincial Court on 12 January, 2012.