Domestic Assault / Mischief / Assault Police
Belleville, Ontario ? On August 9, 2011 at 12:30 a.m. police responded to an Unwanted Person at a Front Street address. The suspect was asked to leave and did so on request. A short time later the suspect returned to this same address smashed a window and assaulted a female at this location.
When approached by police the suspect threw a metal pipe at the officer.
A 47 year old Belleville male was arrested and charged with one count each of Domestic Assault, Mischief, and Assault Police. He has been held in custody awaiting a Bail Hearing set for later today.
Neither the officer nor the victim sustained injuries as a result of this incident.
Belleville, Ontario ? On August 8, 2011 at 10:25 p.m. police received a complaint of a suspicious person on Bridge St West. A male was observed standing on the sidewalk in front of a home and appeared to be watching a young female while she was changing her clothing. The male may have taken a photo of this female with his mobile phone. When the victim realized what this male may have done she moved from view. The male was last seen walking west bound on Bridge St West.
The suspect is described as male, black, approximately 6', in his 30's, wearing white and blue striped shirt, black ball hat and carrying a back pack.
Based on the suspect descriptors this does not appear to be related to recent Indecent Act incidents as reported by police to the media.
The Belleville Police would like to offer the following suggestions to prevent you and your family from becoming victims of voyeurism;
- Purchase thicker curtains
- Keep curtains and blinds shut tightly especially at night in private areas of the house.
- Set up potted plants or plant vegetation near viewing or perching areas.
- Install a motion detector system with a light in vulnerable areas outside the house.
- Consider window alarms at vulnerable areas of the house - bathroom and bedroom.
- Purchase a motion detector with a sound alert.
- Especially at night, listen for movement outside, stepping on branches, climbing on rooftops.
- Talk to neighbors and share information about unusual visitors or loitering in the neighborhood.
- Keep a camera (or cell phone) at hand for taking pictures of a peeping tom.
- Keep bushes that are near the house trimmed so you don't provide hiding spots
- Report to police all suspicious persons or activity in your neighbourhood.
Belleville, Ontario ? On August 9, 2011 at 2:35 a.m. police received a complaint of a possible impaired driver on Lemoine Street. On arrival police observed a vehicle stopped on the roadway however still running. The driver showed signs of impairment. A 48 year old Belleville male was arrested and charged with Care & Control Over 80mgs. He was held in custody awaiting a Bail hearing scheduled for later this date.
Belleville, Ontario ? On August 9, 2011 at 12:30 a.m. police received a complaint of what appeared to marijuana plants growing in the rear of a home on Bridge Street West. On arrival police observed fully grown potted marijuana plants growing opening on the rear steps leading into the home. The plants were seized and Lori Robinson, 47 years old from the City of Belleville, was charged with one count of Possession of Marijuana. Robinson was released a with a court date set in September 2011.