With the onset of cold weather and the Christmas shopping season, police are reminding drivers to keep their parcels locked up and out of sight and never leave their vehicle running and insecure.
Taking a few preventative measures and being aware can help keep your holiday season joyous.
The holiday season is a time when busy people can become careless and vulnerable to theft and other holiday crime. Please consider the following tips when preparing for the holidays:
- Stay alert to your surroundings
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
- If you carry cash, keep cash in your front pocket.
- Notify the credit card issuer immediately if your credit card is lost, stolen or misused.
- Be extra careful if you do carry a wallet or purse, ensure it is closed and secured. They are the prime targets of criminals in crowded shopping areas, grocery stores and transportation terminals.
- Avoid overloading yourself with packages. It is important to have clear visibility and freedom of motion to avoid mishaps.