BellevillePolice Service Mo Patrol
Belleville, Ontario ? On 1 November, 2011, eleven "Mo Bros? of Belleville Police Service will start the month long growing season of their moustaches'. Movember aims to forever change the face of men's health through the power of the moustache, by raising awareness and funds that will reduce the number of preventable male deaths by cancer.
Why all the moustaches? It's time men and women understand the facts about prostate cancer:
- 1 in 7 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime.
- 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. 1 in 3 women will be diagnosed.
- Prostate cancer is as prevalent in men as breast cancer is in women.
- Prostate cancer is the most common cancer to afflict Canadian men.
- Prostate cancer develops as a result of dietary, environmental and hereditary factors.
- On average, 70 Canadian men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer every day.
- On average, 11 Canadian men will die of prostate cancer every day.
- Men with a family history of prostate cancer and those of African or Caribbean descent are at a greater risk of developing the disease.
- Over 90% of prostate cancer cases are curable if detected and treated in their earliest stages. (reference Movember.com)
If you are interested in donating to support our team please visit http://www.movember.com/ or call 1-855-4GROW MO (1-855-447-6966).