Youth In Policing Program (YIPI)
The Belleville Police Service is now accepting resumes from students for the 2013 Youth in Policing Program. In collaboration with the Ministry of Children and Youth Services the police service will engage two students in positive productive activities in a safe and healthy environment.
YIPI Program runs for eight weeks, with orientation starting on July 2nd to July 5th. The goal of the program is to inspire young people to look at policing as a career choice and to become ambassadors by improving police and youth relations.
To qualify for the Youth in Policing program, a student must be:
- Be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Between 15 and 18 years of age
- Returning to school in September 2013
- Resident of the City of Belleville
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Must not have been convicted of a criminal offence for which a pardon has not been granted, and must not have any charges pending before the courts.
How to be considered for this exciting opportunity:
Students interested in being considered for the Youth in Policing Initiative 2013 must complete the Application Package located on the Belleville Police Service web site (APPLICATION). Students can also download the application within our web site under Crime Prevention section.
Application Packages can be dropped off at the Belleville Police Service, mailed and/or faxed:
Please make this the attention to Human Resources Department:
Belleville Police Service
93 Dundas Street East
Fax: 613 966 2701
NOTE: Applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. June 21, 2013.