Don't Invite Burglars in
When you are away from your home, make it look occupied. Make it difficult to break in!
- Lock all outside doors before you leave or go to bed.
- Lock all windows.
- Leave lights on when you go out. If you are gone for any length of time, it is a good idea to leave a radio playing and to connect some lamps to automatic timers.
- Keep your garaged door closed and locked.
- Don't allow daily deliveries to accumulate. Ask a neighbour, friend or relative to take in your mail, newspapers and advertising if you are going to be gone for any length of time.
- Arrange to have your lawn cut in summer and walks shoveled in winter.
- Never leave keys under flowerpots, doormat, inside locked mailboxes or in other ?secret? hiding places?burglars know them all.
- Keep a detailed inventory of all your personal possessions. Inventories are available through the Belleville Community Policing Office located in the Quinte Mall.