Protect Your Credit Cards
- Report lost or stolen credit cards to the card issuer immediately.
- Keep a list of your credit card account numbers, expiry dates and card issuers? phone numbers so you can quickly report missing cards (see the ready to use list below).
- Do not give your credit card number out over the internet.
- Use caution when you give your credit card number over the phone. Verify that you are dealing with a well known, reputable company.
- Never volunteer your credit card number to callers who tell you have won a trip, a prize or are eligible to receive a free gift.
Remember to report your lost or stolen credit card to your nearest local Police Service.