You should dial 9-1-1 if an incident is:
- An emergency
- In progress
- An immediate danger to yourself or someone else
The 9-1-1 operator will want to know:
- What is the emergency you are calling about
- Where you are
- Who you are
For non-emergencies that require police presence, please call 613-962-3456.
For administration, general enquires, and all other non-emergency calls, please call 613-966-0882.
Please note: Our administration line is answered Monday – Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
E-Reporting is available on our website for lost property, theft under $5000, property damage, and thefts from motor vehicles.
9-1-1 & DHHSI Community (T-9-1-1/TTY)
If you are a part of the deaf, deafened, hard of hearing, or speech-impaired community, the Belleville Police Service’s communications centre is able to communicate with you through T-9-1-1or from a teletypewriter (TTY).
During an emergency, T-9-1-1 provides our communication centre with the ability to converse using text messaging. Before utilizing this service, you must register for T-9-1-1 with your service provider.
During an emergency, a request for Belleville Police can be made using a teletypewriter (TTY) by calling 613-966-3788.
Voice-over Internet Protocol (VoIP) calls to 9-1-1
VoIP services allow you to make phone calls over the internet using a computer, a VoIP enabled phone, or a traditional phone connected to a special adapter. If you are using a VoIP system, please note not all VoIP services connect directly to emergency services through 9-1-1 and does not automatically transmit the user’s phone number and/or location.
Tips for VoIP subscribers:
- Provide you accurate physical address to your VoIP service provider to ensure emergency services can quickly be dispatched to your location.
- Inform children, babysitters, and visitors about your VoIP service and its potential 9-1-1 limitations
- If your power is out or your internet is down, know that VoIP service may not work. Install a back-up power supply, maintain a traditional phone line, or have a wireless phone as a back up.