Police Constable Recruiting Process
Preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated continuous learning beyond high school and a commitment to working with the community.
Those interested in a career as a Police Officer should be aware of our basic requirements which include:
- valid driver's licence and suitable driving record
- uncorrected 20/40 vision both eyes and colour deficiency within established limits
- normal hearing at frequencies of 500 to 3000 Hz measured by audiometer
- 18 years of age or older
- physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position
- valid Standard First Aid and CPR Certificates would be considered assets
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- good moral character and habits
- must have completed at least four years of secondary school education or its equivalent
- not have been convicted of a criminal offence for which a pardon has not been obtained
- A complete and valid Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police (OACP) Certificate of Test Results
Interested candidates must contact APPLICANT TESTING SERVICE, INC. at 1-800-429-7728 or (509) 659-8686 for information regarding the OACP Certificate application process, the test battery and test dates.
- Click here to download an Application Form
- Click here to download Belleville Checklist Form
- Click here to download Belleville Consent Form
A written assessment, interview (s), psychological testing, medical examination and background check are also steps in the recruiting process.
As a result of provincial legislation effective January 1st, 1997 recruits not having already successfully completed the Ontario Police College Basic Constable Training Course will be required to pay a fee of $11,065.00 to the College upon registration.
Belleville Police Service
93 Dundas St East, Belleville
Ontario, K8N 1C2