WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR OUR NEXT PROCESS. PLEASE SEE THE "CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES" PAGE FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
Please note: we are presently accepting applications in preparation for our next recruitment process. Pursuit of received applications and subsequent candidate assessment is unknown at this time. This vacancy may be closed or extended without notice.
In partnership with our community, our members are dedicated to serve and protect. Belleville Police Service offers the opportunity for a long and rewarding career in law enforcement. Join us in making Belleville the safest community in Ontario.
Applicants must have an Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police (OACP) Certificate obtained through the Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police or a valid OACP Certificate from ATS.
Applicants for the Belleville Police Service position of Police Constable must meet or surpass the following minimum requirements and standards:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada and legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a Grade 12 graduation diploma or equivalent or post-secondary education at an accredited college or university as an adult student as a minimum.
- Post-secondary education is considered an asset.
- Possess a valid Class G driver’s license and suitable driving record.
- Possess a valid standard or emergency First Aid and CPR Level C certificates.
- Possess a complete and valid Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police (OACP) Certificate.
- Be in good health (physically and mentally fit) and meet the physical, mental and medical requirements of the OACP and Belleville Police Service.
- Have no criminal record for which a pardon has not been received.
- Be of good moral character and habits meaning that you are an individual other people would look upon as being trustworthy and having integrity.
Recruitment steps for the Police Constable include an application review, written assessment (pre-background and local focus questionnaires), behavioural based essential competency interview, local focus panel interview, fitness assessment (Ontario Police Fitness Award Program), psychological assessment, comprehensive background investigation (education, employment, personal history, credit and reference checks, as well as home visits), and third-party medical examination.
- Click here to download an Application Form
- Click here to download Consent and Release of Liability Form
- Click here to download the Checklist for Constable Application
To make an application you must submit:
- Completed OACP Application Form
- Cover letter and resume
- Completed OACP Consent and Release of Liability Form
- Copy of the OACP Certificate
- Completed OACP Fitness Log
- Completed OACP Vision and Hearing Assessment Forms
- Copy of Diploma and/or Degree(s) of educational achievements
- Copy of valid First Aid and CPR certificates
Additional supporting documentation you may submit includes:
- Letters of reference related to employment or community service
- Certificates of Achievement